Canon has recently announced their new TX series line of Imageprograf wide format printers and 3rd party collaboration with the Onyx 12.2 (by Onyx Graphics) workflow and RIP software solution. Along with Canon's new water resistant Lucia TD ink and Matte Polypropylene media which can together withstand up to 6 months in the outdoors without lamination, this new combination of features and enhanced software capabilities puts Canon in a strong leadership position in the large format printing market.
In short, what does this mean for you, the business consumer, and your large format job management?
Key points of improvement:
- Improved color management
- Improved Workflow Automation
- Improved media handling
- Improved transfer speeds
- "Faster RIP and data transfer speeds with optimized color calculations across all applications
- A multi-roll user interface includes an interactive workflow that can display a live view of loaded media with automated roll selection between jobs in the RIP-queue
- Enhanced media and page size handling to streamline printer configurations and job setup
- A user-interface showing device specific information based on bi-directional data including easily visible ink levels, printer status and media information
- Streamlined workflows with job scaling and rotation options available directly from the file-open dialogue before sending jobs to the RIP-queue, helping minimize time in production"
Verticals benefitting most will be production printing and signage houses, architectural and engineering firms, education industry, marketing firms, and others which focus on in-house production of large format media!
Contact us to discuss more print solutions, workflow improvements, and get G7 expert advice!
Read more at the original press release here!